Railwayclub.info main
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
13.11.19 , 07:11

Login with username, password and session length
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | References | Blogs | Contact Information

railwayclub.info: train travel answers, travel deals

discussion

Other questions about railways

Motorail Kyiv-Lviv - take your car on the train

Pages: [1] 2
Reply | Print
Author Topic: Motorail Kyiv-Lviv - take your car on the train  (Read 3831 times)
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« on: 16.03.16 , 22:03 »
Share Reply with quote

A friend of mine needs to move his car from Kyiv to Lviv.
Do I understand correctly that there is no such possibility on the railway at moment, no automobile-voz?

Thanks, Johannes
« Last Edit: 17.03.16 , 10:03 by Easttripper » Logged
Doobey
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16.03.16 , 22:03 »
Share Reply with quote

A friend of mine needs to move his car from Kyiv to Lviv.
Do I understand correctly that there is no such possibility on the railway at moment, no automobile-voz?

Thanks, Johannes
It is possible. http://uz.gov.ua/passengers/station_services_and_facilities/services_in_trains/avto_train/
The detail information about the shedule of those carrages you may get by phone. I often see the carrages of South-West and Dnipro railways on a baggage yard of the station Lviv.
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16.03.16 , 23:03 »
Share Reply with quote

How? By crazy loop via Dnipro?
Doobey
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16.03.16 , 23:03 »
Share Reply with quote

How? By crazy loop via Dnipro?

Не зрозумів. Цей сарказм мені адресований?
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16.03.16 , 23:03 »
Share Reply with quote

так.
Жоден з автомобілевозів включають у поїзд між Києвом і Львовом. Гіпотетично можна на автомобілевозі до 42 підвезти машину зі Львова у Дніпро, а потім у автомобілевозі що курсує з 80 - повернути в Київ, але навіть якщо машина несправна (бо справною простіше просто доїхати, автодорога Київ - Львів у досить пристойному стані) - евакуатор зі Львова до Києва коштуватиме дешевше і точно це буде швидше.
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16.03.16 , 23:03 »
Share Reply with quote

ага, побачив, там нижче є автомобілевоз у 49/50 два рази на тиждень. Питання знято.
Doobey
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16.03.16 , 23:03 »
Share Reply with quote

так.
Жоден з автомобілевозів включають у поїзд між Києвом і Львовом. Гіпотетично можна на автомобілевозі до 42 підвезти машину зі Львова у Дніпро, а потім у автомобілевозі що курсує з 80 - повернути в Київ, але навіть якщо машина несправна (бо справною простіше просто доїхати, автодорога Київ - Львів у досить пристойному стані) - евакуатор зі Львова до Києва коштуватиме дешевше і точно це буде швидше.
Так написано ж на сайті УЗ, що до 49/50 включають автомобілевоз. Як часто він їздить насправді, не знаю. Але точно можу сказати, що бачу часто такі вагончики у Львові як з придніпровською, так і з південно-західною припискою.
Doobey
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16.03.16 , 23:03 »
Share Reply with quote

ага, побачив, там нижче є автомобілевоз у 49/50 два рази на тиждень. Питання знято.
Раніше його включали до одного з поїздів Київ-Ужгород (81, якщо не помиляюся). Тепер до 49.
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17.03.16 , 02:03 »
Share Reply with quote

I called the service at the Kyiv main station 044 465 20 55 and they confirmed that the motorail / car shuttle wagon is operating on the Kyiv - Lviv route, Fridays and Saturdays from Kyiv. The price is around 800 Hrivs.

Thanks, Johannes
« Last Edit: 17.03.16 , 10:03 by Easttripper » Logged
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18.03.16 , 12:03 »
Share Reply with quote

Please note, if you hasn't told you which car - they probably said you price for car kinda Tavria (with weight slightly less than 1 ton, this weight AFAIK is rounded to 1 ton, and is paid as for 1 ton).
Normal car weights 1,1 ton or more, AFAIK all those 1,1 ton or 1,2 ton weights are rounded up to 2 tons and you pay as 2 tons, this means you pay kinda 1300 UAH (price 830 for 1 ton car - it's 450 uah of tariff and 380 of loading/unloading + charges, in case of 2 ton cars price is AFAIK will be 450*2+380)
Tags:
Pages: [1] 2
Reply | Print
Jump to: