Railwayclub.info main
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22.08.17 , 04:08

Login with username, password and session length
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | References | Blogs | Contact Information

railwayclub.info: train travel answers, travel deals

discussion

Trip itinearies and train timetables

Пропозиція: Безпересадковие вагоны Киев/Odesa - Przemysl

Pages: 1 [2]
Reply | Print
Author Topic: Пропозиція: Безпересадковие вагоны Киев/Odesa - Przemysl  (Read 2122 times)
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10.01.17 , 13:01 »
Share Reply with quote

I recognize that there is a serious problem with the smugglers.
no, you don't really.

And you don't even try to find explanation for yourself why this problem appear so strongly on Ukraine - Poland border and why it's significantly less serious on Ukraine - Hungary border and why different train which operated between Ukraine and Poland suffered from smugglers so differently.

And again, I'm telling you about your underestimation of role of normal public while you replying me again with hopes of any kind of "physical" barriers, like other construction of cars, windows and so on.
XAN_
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10.01.17 , 13:01 »
Share Reply with quote

So making a theoretical Kyiv-Przemysl overnight a Night Express in one way and IC in other would solve the problem?
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10.01.17 , 14:01 »
Share Reply with quote

I'm 99% sure it will not help.
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10.01.17 , 21:01 »
Share Reply with quote

I guess you mean to say that I am overestimating the role of the non-smuggling passengers in fighting smuggling.
I can't agree since I wasn't actually counting on passengers to take on any moral or policing role aboard the train. I am sorry if my wording suggested that.

I might have got carried away by the success of the 705/706 (#33013) service but that it is a fact that that service has managed to avoid an early death-by-smuggling.
In that sense I do have some faith in "physical barriers" making it impossible to throw items out from the train (as it is the case with the Rotem build rolling stock), but I might be wrong. There are of course a number of other elements involved that any physical barriers.
I have a ticket for tomorrow's 705, maybe that will help clear up the picture.  

Best regards, Johannes
« Last Edit: 17.01.17 , 21:01 by Andersen » Logged
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15.01.17 , 19:01 »
Share Reply with quote

I think the train you are suggesting would suffer from smugglers nearly same strongly how 67/68 suffer.

Is it still as bad as it used to be on 67 train (I don't think there is a serious problem on train 68) with all Ukrainian intermediate stops blocked for Commercial purposes?

By the way and half-serious: What is the fastest train connection from Jagodin to Dorohusk in the current schedule (I know that it became far too crazy to travel)?

Best regards, ULF
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 15.01.17 , 19:01 »
Share Reply with quote

I guess you mean to say that I am overestimating the role of the non-smuggling passengers in fighting smuggling.
I can't agree since I wasn't actually counting on passengers to take on any moral or policing role aboard the train.

Romankiv is: [...] директор з пасажирських перевезень і сервісу "Укрзалізниці" Ігор Романків.

"Але швидкість митного та прикордонного контролю залежить не тільки від залізничників і посадовців. Від пасажирів це також залежить, адже спроби провозити недозволені товари й інші порушення при перетині кордону можуть зіпсувати поїздку та звести нанівець таку гарну ініціативу", - додав Романків.

http://www.epravda.com.ua/news/2017/01/4/616744/

Well, he did not say whether he relies on the conscience of professional smugglers (which might be considered as non-existing) or of other passengers having to Play a role of moral authority.

It could help a lot if Ukrainian authorities agreed to block exportation of cigarettes in quantities exceeding what is allowed tax-free by Polish authorities. They didn't seem to care (maybe because it was not their business as no Ukrainian law was giong to be violated) when I traveled on 29 train and got a harsh interview in Dorohusk where Polish officers pulled out about half of the ciigarettes (none of them was mine) while smugglers went out with the other half (again, non of them was mine, I do not carry cigarettes) in Chelm.

Best regards, ULF
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15.01.17 , 20:01 »
Share Reply with quote

It was very bad indeed last time I tried train no.67. The biggest smugglers were the train personnel. They said they were forced by their bosses to do it.
That was back in 2014. It would great with a fresh report.
The question is how to avoid the industrial smugglers on traditional wagons in the light of the initial success of #705.
« Last Edit: 17.01.17 , 21:01 by Andersen » Logged
Tags: pkp przemysl odessa kyiv overnight uz 
Pages: 1 [2]
Reply | Print
Jump to: