Railwayclub.info main
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20.08.19 , 04:08

Login with username, password and session length
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | References | Blogs | Contact Information

railwayclub.info: train travel answers, travel deals

discussion

Train fares and tariffs

Венгрия - Хорватия

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Reply | Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Венгрия - Хорватия  (Read 8095 times)
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07.07.17 , 17:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Ulf, Johannes wanted not this direct Rijeka - Budapest connection, but the announced new one, via Ljulbjana - Hodos (with trains 480 and 1247), dep 20:50 from Rijeka and arr 8:29 to Budapest.
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07.07.17 , 17:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Johannes wanted not this direct Rijeka - Budapest connection, but the announced new one, via Ljulbjana - Hodos (with trains 480 and 1247), dep 20:50 from Rijeka and arr 8:29 to Budapest.

I just added this one a few seconds ago.

Timetable will be different for that train on some dates: https://www.mavcsoport.hu/sites/default/files/res/hirdetmeny_istria.pdf

480/1247 is included in big http://www.hzpp.hr/Media/Default/Documents/KURIR%20web.pdf

Train 1247 is included in http://slo-zeleznice.si/images/potniski_promet/vozni_redi/VR_2016_2017/12_ormoz_hodos.pdf

http://slo-zeleznice.si/sl/potniki/tujina/madzarska does not show Rijeka, true.
http://slo-zeleznice.si/images/potniski_promet/vozni_redi/VR_2016_2017/07_ljubljana_pivka_ilirska_bistrica_sezana.pdf shows Rijeka.

Regards, ULF
« Last Edit: 07.07.17 , 18:07 by Ulf » Logged
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07.07.17 , 18:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Ulf, thank you for pushing right thought.
The biggest problem right now is that my friends in Croatia at the main station were informed that there is NO through cars from Rijeka to Budapest.
it cannot be truth.

Probably either your friend misunderstood the cashier, or cashier is idiot and forget or didin't know this year Rijeka - Budapest connection not only via Zagreb, but also via Ljulbjana - Hodos.

MAV website is able to sell ticket Budapest - Rijeka - Budapest or Budapest - Rijeka in those cars, including into sleeping car, so you can ensure they exist.
Unfortunately if one-way Croatia - Hungary travel is needed - online purchase is not possible, but you still can if there is free seats.
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07.07.17 , 18:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Johannes wanted not this direct Rijeka - Budapest connection, but the announced new one, via Ljulbjana - Hodos (with trains 480 and 1247), dep 20:50 from Rijeka and arr 8:29 to Budapest.

Which has been discussed here: http://forum.railwayclub.info/index.php?topic=123250.0

Regards, ULF
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07.07.17 , 18:07 »
Share Reply with quote

thanks Ulf, I've already forgot I wrote this topic.
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07.07.17 , 23:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Wow, your info that there are indeed through cars after all Rijeka - Budapest turns the whole situation around 180 degrees and saves the trip! Thanks a lot both of you!

I trusted the "idiot" clerk at Zagreb Central telling my friends that there were no such overnight through cars because they neither showed up at SBB nor at DB nor at the Croatian Railway's site! While the Split - Zagreb - Budapest overnight did show up at SBB.
It didn't occur to me to look at the site of the Hungarian railways since Budapest was at the end to the planned trip, not at the beginning. So had I checked on of the local "owners" of the train, the Croatian Railways, why would I have to double check with the other? Rather go higher in hierarchy, to DB and SBB.

I was even looking for flights out of Rejika via Riga, Dusseldorf, Berlin, Hamburg etc. to find anything that would bring us at least to Krakow or Warsaw.
I was prepared to do almost anything to avoid boarding the Split - Budapest train in Zagreb at 2:30 in the morning with two kids. And it wasn't obvious how we would make to previous call at Ogulin at 00:28 and what to do with the kids until then at Ogulin which is a very small place.

If you insist that I can purchase reservations for the through carriages at the Hungarian Railway site, I better try that out.
« Last Edit: 08.07.17 , 00:07 by Andersen » Logged
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08.07.17 , 02:07 »
Share Reply with quote

If I need to show something to the Croatians to convince the main station in Zagreb that they have such through cars even if they don't go through Zagreb, I guess I need more than the page 39 in the big Croatian schedule Ulf posted where the connection is only in brackets ()?
Or do you think this will do?
« Last Edit: 08.07.17 , 02:07 by Andersen » Logged
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08.07.17 , 09:07 »
Share Reply with quote

In this notation system the brackets mean direct cars, so brackets are expected here.

Showing timetables may not be entirely convincing, because in fact in all those cases we have only the proof about technical possibility for through-cars to operate. Sometimes such ability is not used, or used by 1 seating car. This occur sometimes when sleeping cars was planned but never opened because of lack of rolling stock.

I think better simply try visit ticket counter in Croatia again, may be you'll be lucky to trap to to less dumb cashier. Also may be helpful simply point attention you are speaking about Rijeka - Budapest via Slovenia with Globalpreis - tickets, but not Rijeka - Budapest via Zagreb on NRT tariff+reservations. Also your friend may tell the cashier, that MAV website sell tickets to sleeping cars in direction Budapest - Rijeka.

If you insist that I can purchase reservations for the through carriages at the Hungarian Railway site
no you cannot, there 2 reasons:
1. one way Rijeka - Budapest are not sold. Only Budapest - Rijeka (one way - only in this direction) or Budapest - Rijeka - Budapest. Rijeka - Budapest without prescending Budapest - Rijeka part is not even shown.
2. international ticket from MAV website is not valid for boarding the train, exchange to paper ticket in MAV machine is unavoidable

« Last Edit: 08.07.17 , 09:07 by Maxy » Logged
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08.07.17 , 10:07 »
Share Reply with quote

That sounds all very reasonable and logical, thanks a lot both for advice and explanation!
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08.07.17 , 11:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Wow, your info that there are indeed through cars after all Rijeka - Budapest turns the whole situation around 180 degrees and saves the trip!

You raised the subject: http://forum.railwayclub.info/index.php?topic=123250.0

Regards, ULF
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Reply | Send this topic | Print
Jump to: