Railwayclub.info main
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20.06.18 , 02:06

Login with username, password and session length
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | References | Blogs | Contact Information

railwayclub.info: train travel answers, travel deals

discussion

Train fares and tariffs

Венгрия - Хорватия

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Reply | Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Венгрия - Хорватия  (Read 4546 times)
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 08.07.17 , 11:07 »
Share Reply with quote

In this notation system the brackets mean direct cars, so brackets are expected here.

Showing timetables may not be entirely convincing, because in fact in all those cases we have only the proof about technical possibility for through-cars to operate. Sometimes such ability is not used, or used by 1 seating car. This occur sometimes when sleeping cars was planned but never opened because of lack of rolling stock.

I think better simply try visit ticket counter in Croatia again, may be you'll be lucky to trap to to less dumb cashier. Also may be helpful simply point attention you are speaking about Rijeka - Budapest via Slovenia with Globalpreis - tickets,

Там наверное и НРТ действует. Похоже что код 71 даст 30 % скидки на Bc/WL.

https://www.mavcsoport.hu/sites/default/files/upload/article/document/public/scic-nt_ejszakai_vonatok_dijszabas_2017.pdf
https://www.intercity.pl/pl/dokumenty/Przepisy%20i%20taryfy/Mi%C4%99dzynarodowe/SCIC_NT_od-11-12-2016.pdf

Составность 480 поезда: http://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/vlak.php?zeme=SZ&kategorie=MV&cislo=480&nazev=Opatija&rok=2017

С уважением, Ульф
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08.07.17 , 19:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Да, вероятно NRT тариф действителен, но он по этому маршруту очень невыгодный, даже со скидкой. Как я понимаю по NRT тарифу Rijeka - Budapest через SAPJANE GR. и Hodos(Gr) будет стоить 102,7 евро и это только билет, без плацкарты. Скидка 30% тут не поможет сделать цену приемлимой.
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09.07.17 , 10:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Wow, your info that there are indeed through cars after all Rijeka - Budapest turns the whole situation around 180 degrees and saves the trip!

You raised the subject: http://forum.railwayclub.info/index.php?topic=123250.0

Regards, ULF
I sure did and I planned for it. But then I was informed that there was no such train. I am very, very happy to learn that it is indeed running.
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09.07.17 , 11:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Wow, your info that there are indeed through cars after all Rijeka - Budapest turns the whole situation around 180 degrees and saves the trip!

You raised the subject: http://forum.railwayclub.info/index.php?topic=123250.0

Regards, ULF
I sure did and I planned for it. But then I was informed that there was no such train. I am very, very happy to learn that it is indeed running.

Let's say, should be  and has been running.

Regards, ULF
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10.07.17 , 14:07 »
Share Reply with quote

My friend went back to the station in Zagreb. They said there was no train Rijeka - Ljubljana - Budapest and referred us to the Split - Budapest to be catched in Ogulin, including a 2,5 hour layover from 2200 to 0040 :)

I will leave it there because I have changed the plan to see the caves in Postojna on the Slovenian side on the way to Budapest.
That means going by a morning train from Rijeka, travel two hours to Postojna in the Ljubljana direction and stay there for the day.
In the evening we want to catch the night train to continue further on to Budapest.

For that end I prefer tickets for the Slovenian part of the train, departing from Koper (because the cars from Koper call at Postojna 21:41 which is earlier and therefore more convenient when traveling with children than the Rijeka group at 22:46, according to the schedule Ulf posted).

But the problem of how to reserve the bunks remains the same.
The overnight through cars Koper - Budapest don't show up either at DB nor at SBB. Which is why I don't understand how you, Maxy, was able to pass certain steps of the ticket purchasing process on the Rijeka train?
SBB website - shows this form for this train and it's possible to choose you want only reservation without ticket, choose if you want it to couchette or sleeping car and enter all data of passenger and choose lower/upper bed and so on. I've tried to fill all fields and pass all steps till submission of form. But SBB takes higher surcharge for sending paper travel documents by snailmail (DB charges 4,9 EUR for paper travel document sent by snailmail, SBB few years ago charged 8 CHF).
« Last Edit: 10.07.17 , 15:07 by Andersen » Logged
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10.07.17 , 17:07 »
Share Reply with quote

I have no idea why HZ ticket counter refuse to sell this ticket

Yes, I've re-checked - sbb/oebb/db website don't see those cars as direct connection, so probably getting only reservation by them will be problematic. Of course, anyway it's the form being processed manually, so you may try choosing the connection (listed as with 2 changes) and write in comment you want only reservation and only in case if cashier will manage to find it to direct car, otherwise you don't travel, but the result is unpredictable, the chance of success is less than 50%, also there is high change of misunderstanding.

Have you tried to find the travel agency which is able to do it for you?
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10.07.17 , 17:07 »
Share Reply with quote

I tried KyiAvia today at their office at Peremohi Square, no luck.
I might have to find a Slovenian travel agency.
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10.07.17 , 17:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Yes, KyiAvia don't sell DB tickets anymore.
I might have to find a Slovenian travel agency.
not sure.

If agency is not in Postojna (I very much doubt that this is realistic) - anyway you'll need sending tickets per post (btw, do you have enough time reserve for it?). In this case Hungarian agency can be not worse than Slovenian for example.
I have no idea which strategy is better, but if I would be you - I would start from Hungarian Wasteels.
« Last Edit: 10.07.17 , 18:07 by Maxy » Logged
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11.07.17 , 16:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Interesting what the ap. width of this first class berth is? Is it wider than the second class bunks?

Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11.07.17 , 16:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Do you mean car 421? It's usual WLAB RIC, similar to those, which UZ have.

When one passenger travel in 1-bed compartment (middle and upper beds are folded and not sold)  - it's counted as 1st class.
The special (lowish) globalpreis don't proposed on this direction for 1st class (this 39 EUR one-way or 49 EUR round trip price - only for 2nd class, no 1st class analogue of it), so travelers in 1st class pay their tickets as NRT conditions + reservation.

2-bed compartment - already comes as 2nd class in this train. Travel in 2nd class seat, bed in 6-bed compartment, bed in 4-bed compartment, bed in 3-bed compartment and bed in 2-bed compartment require same ticket (39 EUR one way or 49 EUR round trip), difference is only in price of reservation (9,4/14/20/30 EUR one way).
« Last Edit: 11.07.17 , 16:07 by Maxy » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Reply | Send this topic | Print
Jump to: