Railwayclub.info main
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
13.12.18 , 04:12

Login with username, password and session length
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | References | Blogs | Contact Information

railwayclub.info: train travel answers, travel deals

discussion

Train fares and tariffs

Венгрия - Хорватия

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Reply | Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Венгрия - Хорватия  (Read 6255 times)
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11.07.17 , 19:07 »
Share Reply with quote

It just looked wider, almost like the luxury SV on the Uzhhorod - Kyiv недоэкрспресс. We could save a ticket and reservation for not-yet 4 year old, if it was wide enough for '1,5' person.
But it is a Rijeka car anyway, I prefer the Koper cars for the timing.
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11.07.17 , 19:07 »
Share Reply with quote

it's illusion. Compartment is quite narrow here.
Haven't you travelled in usual 3-bed compartment in WLAB/WLABd cars of UZ on westbound cross-border routes? This one have the same width.
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11.07.17 , 20:07 »
Share Reply with quote

I have indeed, thanks. I used to travel in the Prague - Kyiv car when I was commuting from Lviv to Kyiv some 5-7 years ago. Electricity socket, sink and often alone in the compartment. At lower than coupe class prices. It was great.
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13.07.17 , 11:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Travel in 2nd class seat, bed in 6-bed compartment, bed in 4-bed compartment, bed in 3-bed compartment and bed in 2-bed compartment require same ticket (39 EUR one way or 49 EUR round trip), difference is only in price of reservation (9,4/14/20/30 EUR one way).

We don't call berths in Bc cars beds. Let's say couchette compartment.

In some cases it's not really clear whether T4 means WL oder Bc accomodation...

Regards, ULF
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 13.07.17 , 11:07 »
Share Reply with quote

I have no idea why HZ ticket counter refuse to sell this ticket

Yes, I've re-checked - sbb/oebb/db website don't see those cars as direct connection, so probably getting only reservation by them will be problematic.

EPA, see outdated https://uic.org/IMG/pdf/reservierungsubersicht_der_db_ag_2015_2016_v2.pdf , is quite diffrent from Hafas system.

I guess, HZ Zagreb counter cannot see this though-car connection, neither in their station, neither in their selling system. However, it should be bookable via reservation system.

Regards, ULF
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 13.07.17 , 11:07 »
Share Reply with quote

It just looked wider, almost like the luxury SV on the Uzhhorod - Kyiv недоэкрспресс. We could save a ticket and reservation for not-yet 4 year old, if it was wide enough for '1,5' person.
But it is a Rijeka car anyway

And you changed your route because you don't believe in this one.

Regards, ULF
Maxy
Главный
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13.07.17 , 16:07 »
Share Reply with quote

However, it should be bookable via reservation system.
what does this mean for simple passenger? Do you mean it's possible to convince HZ ticket counter find seats for this train in some other reservation system? Or you only mean the book-ability by SBB for example?
« Last Edit: 13.07.17 , 16:07 by Maxy » Logged
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13.07.17 , 17:07 »
Share Reply with quote

No, the main reason for my preference for the Koper cars is due to the fact that they run an hour earlier on the Pivka - Ljubljana leg.
I would as Maxy also be interested in an explanation about the possibility for reservation for this train.
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 13.07.17 , 19:07 »
Share Reply with quote

However, it should be bookable via reservation system.
what does this mean for simple passenger? Do you mean it's possible to convince HZ ticket counter find seats for this train in some other reservation system? Or you only mean the book-ability by SBB for example?

I never booked on HZ counters.  At DB ones, you have to convince the clerk to book a reservation for a non-existent, in his Hafas system, connection. Many of them refuse.

Regards, ULF
Ulf
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01.08.17 , 20:08 »
Share Reply with quote

Timetable will be different for that train on some dates: https://www.mavcsoport.hu/sites/default/files/res/hirdetmeny_istria.pdf

Sorry, this was some years ago.

Regards, ULF
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Reply | Send this topic | Print
Jump to: