Railwayclub.info main
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19.07.19 , 23:07

Login with username, password and session length
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | References | Blogs | Contact Information

railwayclub.info: train travel answers, travel deals

discussion

Trip itinearies and train timetables

В какие дни есть VIP - вагон в поезде 81/82

Pages: 1 [2]
Reply | Print
Author Topic: В какие дни есть VIP - вагон в поезде 81/82  (Read 1581 times)
gooley
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04.05.19 , 23:05 »
Share Reply with quote

Gooley, the 29 Uzhhorod - Kyiv, if I got it right. There is only one (1!) of those cars in regular service - since I understand that the гранд-экспресс isn't in use, right?
It seems to be the same type of car used on the Zarengold trans sib charter train
So, if I understand you correctly, this car is the only one in the whole Ukraine? And he runs different trains?
_vs_
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05.05.19 , 01:05 »
Share Reply with quote

As I understand, now it runs only in 29/30 every 2 days. Yes, only one car in the whole UZ. Looks like it was made in Russia long ago, they have many of these - in "гранд-экспресс" (Moscow-St.Petersburg private train), and in some train that goes through Rossosh (Россошь), in opposite direction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbVW50ThsO0
The Ukrainian car was reviewed here (as I understand, then it ran in 81/82 using another way to Uzhhorod):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmcW4CbC47Y
But it looks like you still cannot book it online or even see on which days it runs.
Andersen
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05.05.19 , 12:05 »
Share Reply with quote

Yes, only one. It is an old car, which which during "kapitlany remont" at ДВРБ was made into this first class car with en-suite. Since the bogies weren't changed the car the same shitty rough ride bogies like all other railcar in the country, making its sleeping comfort somewhat limited.
Also we shouldn't call it a VIP car since it is just a compartment with a bathroom, while VIP would demand more space, like a living room etc.

The tickets aren't sold online since UZ require you to buy both tickets in the compartment at once and booking can't force you to buy a second ticket, the system isn't geared for it.
I suppose the cars runs every time 29/30 makes a run, every second day.
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]
Reply | Print
Jump to: