Railwayclub.info main
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24.06.18 , 13:06

Login with username, password and session length
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | References | Blogs | Contact Information

railwayclub.info: train travel answers, travel deals

discussion

Trip itinearies and train timetables

How to transfer from Чоп to Сімферополь with bicycles?

Pages: [1]
Reply | Print
Author Topic: How to transfer from Чоп to Сімферополь with bicycles?  (Read 3382 times)
Miroslav
« on: 19.07.10 , 01:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Hello everybody,
I am from Czech republic and I with my friend want to go by train from Chop to Simferopol with 2 bicycles on 2nd or 3rd August. I heard the reservation for nearby-sea-located stations are recomended. Where could I reserve the train tickets for 2 persons with 2 bikes for this connection please? Or what could you recomend me in this situation please? Thank you very much for your answers and help.
Greeting from Ostrava
Miroslav
tabo
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19.07.10 , 01:07 »
Share Reply with quote

First of all, take a look at this thread - http://forum.railwayclub.info/index.php?topic=19473.0
From Chop to Simferopol there are no direct train, but only direct carriages, which get reattached from one to the other train in Lviv. The only way to book tickets in advance is to use http://www.e-kvytok.com.ua/wps/portal (only in Ukrainian and you will have to pay small additional surcharge, but at least you will be sure to have your tickets booked).
Miroslav
« Reply #2 on: 19.07.10 , 12:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Thank you very much. First I tried to search for this topic, but I could not find anything in this forum. I do not know why, my mistake... There are not good information for me; I found the train nr. 14: poezda.net/en/train_timetable?st_code=2210001&forDate=&order=outtime&tr_code=1053658%3A%CD+, and it appeared that it is a direct connection (?). According to the other discussion you linked, it is best to book the entire compartment and take bikes with us, if I can understand?
tabo
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19.07.10 , 12:07 »
Share Reply with quote

That is the trick - Uzghorod-Simferopol wagons travel from Uzghorod to Lviv with train #14 (it is train Uzghorod-Kharkiv), then wait there couple hours and get reattached to the train #86 Lviv-Simferopol. So it is direct connection, but it is done not by direct full size train. Instead you have only 2 wagons (one "kupe" and one "platskart") and they are really popular. For 2nd of August those are fully booked already, for 3rd there are only 2 "kupe" tickets left (both upper berths and in different compartments), so it is simply impossible to book the whole compartment.
As solution, you might try changing your itinerary - you can either travel from Ostrava via Poland (Krakow-Przemysl) to Lviv (take direct train to Crimea from there) or stay with the same route via Slovakia, but consider change of trains somewhere in Ukraine (it can be Lviv, Kiev, Odesa etc.), so you can travel from Chop to one of those cities and change there for a direct train to Simferopol or Sevastopol.

silvio
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19.07.10 , 12:07 »
Share Reply with quote

I am from Czech republic and I with my friend want to go by train from Chop to Simferopol with 2 bicycles on 2nd or 3rd August. I heard the reservation for nearby-sea-located stations are recomended. Where could I reserve the train tickets for 2 persons with 2 bikes for this connection please? Or what could you recomend me in this situation please?
In Ukraine all trains except local ones require reservation. Practically you get ticket+reservation on the same sheet which is called ticket and you can use it only for stated date, train, car and seat.

Currently there are no seats available for the 2nd of August and only 2 upper seats (couchette) available for the 3rd of August. Ticket price is 22 EUR. If you are quick enough and can read cyrillic you can buy them via e-kvytok .
Miroslav
« Reply #5 on: 19.07.10 , 16:07 »
Share Reply with quote

As solution, you might try changing your itinerary - you can either travel from Ostrava via Poland (Krakow-Przemysl) to Lviv (take direct train to Crimea from there) or stay with the same route via Slovakia, but consider change of trains somewhere in Ukraine (it can be Lviv, Kiev, Odesa etc.), so you can travel from Chop to one of those cities and change there for a direct train to Simferopol or Sevastopol.

Yes, now we have booked tickets from Ostrava to Čierna nad Tisou (Slovakia) already, so we could try to travel to Odesa or Kyïv as you said... And please where did you found out the tickets for 2nd and 3rd August are fully booked?
tabo
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19.07.10 , 16:07 »
Share Reply with quote

And please where did you found out the tickets for 2nd and 3rd August are fully booked?
Already quoted http://www.e-kvytok.com.ua/wps/portal (you can see timetable, fares, availability of seats etc. and it is the only web resource for purchase of Ukrainian domestic tickets). There are other websites where you can check this type of info, but they mainly in Ukrainian or Russian.
In English it only LDZ  (http://sirius.ldz.lv/sarex/?lang=en) or EVR websites. Just checked, tickets for 3rd of August already gone  :(
Kotenok
Active user

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20.07.10 , 02:07 »
Share Reply with quote

Yes, now we have booked tickets from Ostrava to Čierna nad Tisou (Slovakia) already, so we could try to travel to Odesa or Kyïv as you said... And please where did you found out the tickets for 2nd and 3rd August are fully booked?
August 3 possible travel to Simferopol from Chop or Uzhgorod with a change train in Lvov:
3.08 21.32 (Chop) - 22.32 (Uzhgorod) - 6.40 train 601 Solotvyno-Lvov, now avaible "kupe" and "plazkart" seat
4.08 13.55 - 15.05 (arrive 5.08), train 256 Lvov-Simferopol, now avaible 12 seats in "plazkart"
Tags: chop simferopol bicycles 
Pages: [1]
Reply | Print
Jump to: